Wednesday 20 June 2012

Warm Welcome

Hi there! My name is Jenn and I am the author/baker/photographer behind the Ovenwarm blog. I grew up spliced in the middle of a menagerie of home-grown, pie making, cake baking, food loving women. Between baking millions of homemade apple pies with my grandmas (great aunt's included), or eating frosting like it was my job, it was only natural that baking became a central part of my life. Those who know me definitely know I have had an ongoing love affair with sugar since I was young. 

First things first: I am by no means a trained chef. While I may go to culinary school in the future, all my recipes thus far are based on trial and error, or "happy accidents" as I like to call them. In addition to my own recipes, I will be sharing some re-vamped family oldies for all those who still appreciate simple treats that taste amazing.

My approach to baking is taking things back to basics, sticking to my roots while celebrating and adding to the family recipe book. I’m not about fancy baking by any means. For me, if it tastes good, you’ve done good.

As for the name, ovenwarm represents that cozy feeling you get when you can smell something delicious baking away in the oven. In my house, the oven is always on: food brings people together, the sense of family and love that comes with baking is one of the reasons that I love it so much.

I aspire to one day be the grandma with the gigantic cookbook and practical, but encyclopedic knowledge of baking. But for now I’m just a misplaced Canadian, currently living in England, enjoying all the perks of planning a wedding and being in love with my wonderful fiancĂ©! In addition to baking I love reading, Victorian memorabilia, piping hot cups of tea, practically anything with four legs and fur, and doing my makeup about 40 times a day. I am passionate about baking and put a lot of love into everything I do. I hope you enjoy my journey to change the world one cupcake at a time!

xoxo  Jenn








No comments:

Post a Comment