Sunday 16 December 2012

Irish Coffee Truffles

Hey all, it's the third day of Christmas in my 12 Days of Christmas Revamp series! I'm back and things are going to get a bit crazy on the blog, because I have finally started my CHRISTMAS BAKING!

This is my favorite part of Christmastime! The hustle bustle, the jolly feelings and, of course, the oodles of endless baking bursting from the kitchen!

One of my favorite holiday treats is truffles. I have made almost every variation under the sun, and these little dandies never let me down. They are so simple you will wonder why you have never made them before, honestly!

And today I made the most sinfully divine truffles I have ever tasted...maybe it's because I have a serious problem with Irish cream. Believe me, if you have only ever had plain chocolate truffles this may change your life. In addition to the dark chocolate, these little babies have coffee and a wee bit of Bailey's just to make things interesting. So here it is folks, give it a try, you will not regret it. :)

Drum roll please........

Irish Coffee Truffles
makes approx. 20 truffles

Ingredients:
1 cup plus 2 tbsp. (200 grams) dark chocolate
2 tbsp. butter (give or take)
2 tbsp. Bailey's Irish Cream (I used homemade)
1 tbsp. instant coffee granules (crushed)
cocoa

Method:
1. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place bowl over saucepan half filled with water over medium-low heat. Stir until the chocolate is melted completely.
2. Remove from heat and add coffee granules. Stir until coffee is completely dissolved, this may take a while. Stir until chocolate cools down to room temperature.
3. When the chocolate is tempered, add the butter and Irish cream and stir until the chocolate begins to thicken slightly.
4. When completely combined, place bowl in the fridge for a least a good hour and a half.
5. After an hour, the mixture should be thickened and scoop-able. Using a regular teaspoon, scoop out mixture and roll into 1 inch balls. Set the truffles on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and return to the fridge to set up.
6. After about fifteen minutes, your truffles should be ready to embellish! I rolled mine in cocoa, which emphasizes the flavor of the chocolate a little more, but you could use anything from icing sugar to sprinkles! Whatever looks pretty. :)

And that's all she wrote! Serve em' up on a shiny platter and show off your mad truffle skills to all your guests!

I hope you all enjoy them, they are slightly addictive. Sorry about that!

If you haven't already, feel free to follow me on my twitter page: https://twitter.com/ovenwarm

Until next time!

xo Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment